The International Press Federation (IPF) is one of the leader and major professional industry organization for journalists and media professionals in the world. The organization has members from all around the world and is administered by a board of trustees composed by high profile media and journalism experts from a varied background. The primary mission of the IPF is to promoting and encouraging high standard among media professionals through professional development, networking among wide and varied range of journalists, including but not limited to editors, press photographers, print journalists, press spokespeople, cameramen/women, directors, authors, publishers, bloggers, arts critics, anchormen, from print, TV, radio and web media, either full- time, part-time or freelancers thus covering and representing all the interests of media without exclusion.
Every professional is accepted!
The IPF is an officially registered press and journalist organization and operates a network of representative offices around the globe.
Independent and Non partisan
IPF supports media activity, cultivates international relations but keeps its independence and freedom from politics, labor union, employers’ representatives, publishers’ organizations and stakeholders. IPF is only accountable to its members and it is therefore authorized to offer to them the most coveted international press card which is highly respected and trusted among the industry.
What we do?
- Our mission at IPF is to encourage high professional standards in journalism and to promote a free and unrestricted exchange of information among responsible and highly ethical media professionals across the globe.
- We are a strong advocate of media diversity and we stand for the proclamation of the freedom of press and information
- We provide non biased information on global issues and originated from mainstream as well as new media covering vital issues such as politics, sports, environment, culture and arts.
- IPF as respected organization is at the forefront of fighting for press freedom and a strong advocate for the respect of the rights of journalists.
- IPF also collaborates, encourages or supports the work of several other organizations or initiatives dealing with media and press freedom which are and not limited to: RSF, CPJ, IJNET, Free Press, etc.
What we believe?
Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights adopted by the UN General Assembly on 10 December 1948
- “Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information .and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers”.
1st Amendment to the United States Constitution ratified on December 15, 1791
- “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances”.
Article 11 of EU Charter of Fundamental Rights.
- “Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers. The freedom and pluralism of the media shall be respected”.
What makes us different?
- IPF is a member of many international organizations thus ensuring higher visibility and trust
- IPF maintains working relationship with representatives of national governments, civil society as well as private sector from throughout Europe, USA, the Americas, Asia, Africa and the Middle East
- IPF carry out association work in commissions, parliaments and governments in the EU and many other countries.
- IPF members come from many countries, including and not limited to Poland, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Switzerland, Romania, DRC, Kenya, Brazil, Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Ghana, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Japan, South Korea, Algeria, Tanzania, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Australia, England, France, Belgium, Italy, Canada, Mexico, USA, Argentina, Nigeria, Egypt, Algeria, South Africa, India, Cameroon, UAE, Lebanon and Russia.
- As a responsible professional organization, we adhere to embracing, supporting and enacting, within our sphere of influence, a set of core values in the areas of human rights, labor standards, the environment and anti-corruption.